As 2013 is coming to an end I find myself reflecting back to everything that has happened this year, I mean its had its downs but the ups have out weighed anything and everything!!! My husband came off nights, we had our youngest in July after two years of trying, our oldest started kindergarten, I left my job to become a stay at home mommy, my husband meet the ceo of his company (ok I was on a high, she is an amazing powerful female role model), I got to go to Texas to see my family I hadn’t seen in a long time, I started teaching Sunday school and of course this blog!!!!
But I find this urge to really make 2014 my year as a wife, mother, woman, and christian. And I don’t mean lose weight and organize my house for the first week…maybe two. Even though they are on my to do list, I really want to make a big goal list and a game plan and do something with myself for the better. So whats on this list you ask, well here you go (we will start easy):
- really organize the house, find places for stuff, get all the old, not used and just plain junk out, get a system in order to keep my home functional.
- get in better shape, I am not going to say lose weight which would be ok, but I just want to feel good about myself. I also want to find ways to keep my kids active as well as my husband. Tackle our eating habits and work on them.
- work on my parenting, I don’t feel we have a style and if we do I don;t know if we are on the same page. I want my husband and I to sit down and really decide how we want to handle issues and our goals for our daughters and how to help guide them through life’s twists and turns. Mainly I want to feel like a good mom, I feel so often out of control and out of reach, I have been so busy with all my changes I have lost sight they effect them too.
- grow my love with my husband, I want to keep falling more in love. I want to remember why we feel in love and go back to doing the things that caused us to take that leap of faith. I want to work on keeping God in our marriage and an active part not just on the sidelines. I want to make us time no matter what because we have to be healthy first in order to teach our girls how to love others and how to be wives.
- *GOD* This is most important I want to completely dive into the Lord, I want to surround myself in his word, I want to walk and talk as he wants me to, I want others to see him spilling out of me and what that for themselves. I want to keep a routine for quiet devotion time for myself, my husband and our girls. I want to really become a good prayer, not one that says “I’ll keep you in my prayers” and never does, not one that bows her head and closes her eyes and gets lost in her millions of thoughts but really pray for everyone else, talk to God feel that connection get in touch with the holy spirit.
So there you have it, my big list to the best year yet. I am not sure how I am going to do it but I am and I am bringing my whole family into it and you are going to get to keep me accountable!!! So over these last few days of 2013 I am going to share my to do list, goals, how to and my game plans for each bullet point. What do you plan to change this new year and how are you going to make it happen?? Please comment and let me know!!!